Pay stub generator for New Jersey
If you are operating your business in the state of New Jersey, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in New Jersey for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in New Jersey
1. Are pay stubs required by law in New Jersey?
Employers in New Jersey must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in New Jersey?
You will need to pay your employees at least semimonthly or monthly. As pay stubs are mandatory in New Jersey, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in New Jersey?
The following information can be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- Pay period
- Gross earnings before deductions
- Taxes withheld
- Employee contributions
- Net pay
4. Does New Jersey have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of New Jersey.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to New Jersey?
Yes. The city of Newark has local payroll taxes for employees.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Employee's applicable status for New Jersey SUI and SDI
- Employee's applicable status for family leave insurance
- Information such as filing status, total allowances, rate code (A, B, C, D, or E), and additional state withholding.
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and New Jersey state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and New Jersey state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.