Pay stub generator for Ohio
If you are operating your business in the state of Ohio, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Ohio for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Ohio
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Ohio?
It's not mandatory for employers in Louisiana to provide employees with pay stubs. However, federal law requires all employers covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) to maintain a record of employee payments for at least 3 years.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Ohio?
Although there's no law for employers to provide pay stubs to their employees and contractors, it is recommended that you issue pay stubs every time you pay an employee.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Ohio?
The following information can be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- Number of hours worked during the pay period
- Tax Deductions
- Any itemized deductions taken from the employee's paycheck
- Gross and net pay amount
- The dates of the pay period.
4. Does Ohio have a state income tax?
Yes. The State of Ohio requires employers to withhold income taxes from employee paychecks.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Ohio?
Yes, the following Ohio cities have local taxes: Akron, Canton, Carlisle, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Middletown, and St. Marys
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee's total allowances
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Employee's additional state withholding amount
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Ohio state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Ohio state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.