Pay stub generator for Oregon
If you are operating your business in the state of Oregon, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Oregon for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Oregon
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Oregon?
Employers in Oregon must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Oregon?
You will need to pay your employees on a monthly basis. As pay stubs are mandatory in Oregon, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Oregon?
The following information can be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), business identification number, and address
- Employee's pay rate.
- the dates of work covered by the payment;
- the date of the payment;
- Tax Deductions
- the amount and purpose of each deduction
- Pay rate
- Gross earnings before deductions.
- The dates of the pay period.
4. Does Oregon have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Oregon.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Oregon?
Yes. Lane and TriMet County Transit taxes may be imposed if located in the respective transit area. To see if liable to withhold the TriMet/Lane Transit taxes, click here.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Oregon political subdivision
- Oregon transit tax
- Oregon worker's compensation
- Employee's total allowances
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Employee's filing status additional state withholding amount
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Oregon state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Oregon state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.