Pay stub generator for Missouri
If you are operating your business in the state of Missouri, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Missouri for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Missouri
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Missouri?
Employers in Missouri must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Missouri?
You will need to pay your employees at least on a semimonthly basis, and no later than 16 days after the close of each pay period. As pay stubs are mandatory in Missouri, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Missouri?
The following information can be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- The number of regular and overtime hours worked;
- Rate of pay;
- Gross wages;
- Deductions for taxes;
- Other deductions authorized by employees;
- Beginning and ending dates of the pay period.
4. Does Missouri have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Missouri.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Missouri?
Kansas City earnings taxes of 1% and St. Louis earnings taxes of 1% are withheld from employees. St. Louis payroll expense taxes of 0.5% are paid by employers.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Filing status, total allowances, and additional state withholding amount.
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Missouri state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Missouri state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.