Pay stub generator for West Virginia
If you are operating your business in the state of West Virginia, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in West Virginia for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in West Virginia
1. Are pay stubs required by law in West Virginia?
Employers in West Virginia must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in West Virginia?
You will need to pay your employees on a monthly basis. As pay stubs are mandatory in West Virginia, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in West Virginia?
The following information must be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), business identification number, and address
- Employee's hourly rate of pay or salary;
- The number of hours for which the employee is being paid;
- Tax Deductions
- the overtime rate of pay, if applicable
- bonus and incentive pay. if applicable; and
- itemized deductions.
- Gross earnings before deductions.
- beginning and ending dates of the pay period.
4. Does West Virginia have a state income tax?
The State of West Virginia requires employers to withhold state income taxes from employee paychecks.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to West Virginia?
Yes. There are local taxes in West Virginia. To know more about them, click here.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee's total allowances
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Employee's filing status and additional state withholding amount
- Whether employee's entire monthly tax was withheld in a single payroll
- Whether employee is two-earner percent
- Whether employee's current pay period wages would cause the threshold to be crossed in the month if withheld
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and West Virginia state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and West Virginia state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.