Pay stub generator for Michigan
If you are operating your business in the state of Michigan, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Michigan for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Michigan
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Michigan?
Employers in Michigan must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Michigan?
You can pay your employees either weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly as there's no rules on when to schedule the payday. As pay stubs are mandatory in Michigan, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Michigan?
The following information must be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- Number of hours worked during the pay period
- Tax Deductions
- Any itemized deductions taken from the employee's paycheck
- Gross wages earned
- The dates of the pay period.
4. Does Michigan have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Michigan.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Michigan?
Yes, the following Michigan cities have local taxes: Albion, Battle Creek, Benton Harbor, Big Rapids, Detroit, East Lansing, Flint, Grand Rapids, Grayling, Hamtramck, Highland Park, Hudson, Ionia, Jackson, Lansing, Lapeer, Muskegon, Muskegon Heights, Pontiac, Port Huron, Portland, Saginaw, Springfield, and Walker.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee's total allowances
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Employee's predominant place of employment and additional state withholding amount
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Michigan state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Michigan state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.