Pay stub generator for Virginia
If you are operating your business in the state of Virginia , there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Virginia for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Virginia
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Virginia?
Employers in Virginia must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Virginia?
You will need to pay your exempt employees at least monthly. As pay stubs are mandatory in Virginia, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Virginia ?
The following information must be included in employee pay stubs:
- Gross wages earned by the employee
- The amount and purpose of any deductions made.
4. Does Virginia have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Virginia.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Virginia?
No. There are no local taxes in addition to federal and state income taxes applicable to employees in the state of Virginia.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- The employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Information such as age and blindness exemptions, personal exemptions, and additional state withholding amount.
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Virginia state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Virginia state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.