Pay stub generator for Georgia
If you are operating your business in the state of Georgia, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Georgia for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Georgia
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Georgia?
It’s not mandatory for employers in Georgia to provide employees with pay stubs. However, federal law requires all employers covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) to maintain a record of employee payments for at least 3 years.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Georgia?
Although there’s no law for employers to provide pay stubs to their employees and contractors, it is recommended that you issue pay stubs every time you pay an employee.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Georgia?
Since there’s no law for pay stubs, you can include the information listed below:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- Pay period
- Gross earnings before deductions
- Taxes withheld
- Employee contributions
- Net pay
4. Does Georgia have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Georgia.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Georgia?
No. There are no local taxes in addition to federal and state income taxes applicable to employees in the state of Georgia.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee’s exemption status from state withholding
- Employee’s personal allowances, filing status, additional state withholding amount, additional allowances, and dependent allowances.
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Georgia state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Georgia state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.