Pay stub generator for Kentucky
If you are operating your business in the state of Kentucky, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Kentucky for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Kentucky
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Kentucky?
Employers in Kentucky must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Kentucky?
You will need to pay your employees on a semi-monthly basis. As pay stubs are mandatory in Kentucky, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Kentucky?
The following information must be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- The number of regular and overtime hours worked
- regular rate of pay and total straight-time earnings for all hours worked during the workweek
- Tax deductions
- total additions to or deductions from wages each pay period
- the dates, amounts, and nature of each addition and deduction; and
- total wages paid each pay period and the date of payment
4. Does Kentucky have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Kentucky
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Kentucky?
There are no local taxes imposed in the state of Kentucky.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee’s exemption status and additional state withholding amount
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Kentucky state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Kentucky state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.