Pay stub generator for New Mexico
If you are operating your business in the state of New Mexico, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in New Mexico for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in New Mexico
1. Are pay stubs required by law in New Mexico?
Employers in New Mexico must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in New Mexico?
You will need to pay your employees at least semimonthly or monthly. As pay stubs are mandatory in New Mexico, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in New Mexico?
The following information can be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee and employer information
- Gross pay
- Number of hours worked
- Total wages and benefits
- An itemized listing of deductions
4. Does New Mexico have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of New Mexico.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to New Mexico?
No. There are no local taxes in addition to federal and state income taxes applicable to employees in the state of New Mexico.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Employee's applicable status for New Mexico Workers' Compensation
- Information such as filing status, deductions, other income, and additional state withholding.
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and New Mexico state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and New Mexico state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.