Pay stub generator for Oklahoma
If you are operating your business in the state of Oklahoma, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Oklahoma for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Oklahoma
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Oklahoma?
Employers in Oklahoma must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Oklahoma?
Every employee (except exempt employees) shall be paid all wages due at least twice each calendar month. State, county, municipal and exempt employees shall be paid a minimum of once each calendar month.
As pay stubs are mandatory in Oklahoma, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Oklahoma?
The following information can be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- Employee's pay rate.
- Total number of hours worked
- Tax Deductions
- Gross earnings before deductions.
- The dates of the pay period.
4. Does Oklahoma have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Oklahoma.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Oklahoma?
No. There are no local taxes imposed in the state of Oklahoma
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee's total allowances
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Employee's filing status additional state withholding amount
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Oklahoma state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Oklahoma state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.