Pay stub generator for Minnesota
If you are operating your business in the state of Minnesota, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Minnesota for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Minnesota
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Minnesota?
Employers in Minnesota must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Minnesota?
You will need to pay your employees at least once every 31 days. As pay stubs are mandatory in Minnesota, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Minnesota?
The following information must be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee name
- Hourly rate of pay (if applicable);
- Employee work hours unless exempt from Minnesota Statutes chapter 177;
- Gross pay for the pay period;
- A list of deductions made from the employee's pay;
- Net pay after all deductions are made;
- Pay period end date; and
- The legal name of the employer and the operating name of the employer if different from the legal name.
4. Does Minnesota have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Minnesota.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Minnesota?
No. There are no local taxes in the state of Minnesota.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Filing status, total allowances, and additional state withholding amount.
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Minnesota state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Minnesota state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.