Pay stub generator for Massachusetts
If you are operating your business in the state of Massachusetts, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Massachusetts for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Massachusetts
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Massachusetts?
Employers in Massachusetts must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Massachusetts?
You will need to pay your employees on a semi-monthly basis. As pay stubs are mandatory in Massachusetts, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Massachusetts?
The following information must be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- Date of payment (month, day and year)
- Number of hours worked during the pay period
- Pay Information and Tax Exemptions
- Deductions and increases made during the pay period.
- Gross pay
- Beginning and ending dates of the pay period.
4. Does Massachusetts have a state income tax?
The State of Massachusetts requires employers to withhold state income taxes from employee paychecks.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Massachusetts?
There are no local taxes in the state of Massachusetts.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Head of Household
- Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave - Employee
- Spouse Blindness
- Personal Blindness
- Employer Family Exemption
- Employer Medical Exemption
- Employee Family Exemption
- Employee Medical Exemption
- Employee's total allowances
- Full Time Student
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Filing status and additional state withholding amount
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Massachusetts state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Massachusetts state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.