Pay stub generator for Kansas
If you are operating your business in the state of Kansas, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Kansas for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Kansas
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Kansas?
Employers in Kansas must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Kansas?
You will need to pay your employees at least once a month. As pay stubs are mandatory in Kansas, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Kansas?
The following information can be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- The number of regular and overtime hours worked
- Rate of pay
- Gross wages
- Deductions for taxes
- Itemized statement of deductions
- Beginning and ending dates of the pay period
4. Does Kansas have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Kansas
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Kansas?
There are no local taxes imposed in the state of Kansas.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee’s total allowances
- Employee’s exemption status from state withholding
- Filing status and additional state withholding amount
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Kansas state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Kansas state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.