Pay stub generator for Utah
If you are operating your business in the state of Utah, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Utah for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Utah
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Utah?
Employers in Utah must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Utah?
You will need to pay your exempt employees at least semimonthly or monthly. As pay stubs are mandatory in Utah, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Utah?
The following information can be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee name
- Employee's base rate of pay
- Pay period date
- If paid hourly, the number of hours the employee worked during the pay period
- The amount of and reason for any money withheld in accordance with state or federal law, including: state and federal income tax, Social Security tax, Medicare tax, and court-ordered withholdings
- The total amount paid to the employee
4. Does Utah have a state income tax?
Yes, state income taxes are applicable to employees in the state of Utah.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Utah?
No. There are no local taxes in addition to federal and state income taxes applicable to employees in the state of Utah.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- The employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Information such as filing status and additional state withholding amount.
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Utah state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Utah state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.