Pay stub generator for Washington
If you are operating your business in the state of Washington, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Washington for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Washington
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Washington?
Employers in Washington must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Washington?
You will need to pay your employees on a monthly basis. As pay stubs are mandatory in Washington, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Washington?
The following information must be included in employee pay stubs:
- The pay basis (e.g., hours or days worked, piece rate basis, or salary)
- Rate or rates of pay
- Gross wages
- All deductions for the pay period
- All records required for paid sick leave
4. Does Washington have a state income tax?
No, state income taxes are not applicable to employees in the state of Washington.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Washington?
No. There are no local taxes in addition to federal income taxes applicable to employees in the state of Washington.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- The employee's applicable status for Washington paid family and medical leave and Washington industrial insurance
- LNI rate
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Washington state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Washington state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.