Pay stub generator for Pennsylvania
If you are operating your business in the state of Pennsylvania, there are a number of things you should know before you provide pay stubs to employees and contractors.
This article explains laws and regulations applicable to employers in Pennsylvania for running payroll and providing pay stubs.
Pay stub regulations in Pennsylvania
1. Are pay stubs required by law in Pennsylvania?
Employers in Pennsylvania must provide their employees with pay stubs every payday.
2. How often do you need a pay stub in Pennsylvania?
You will need to pay your employees on a semi-monthly basis. As pay stubs are mandatory in Pennsylvania, you will need to provide pay stubs every time you pay your employees.
3. What information can be included on a pay stub in Pennsylvania?
The following information can be included in employee pay stubs:
- Employee information such as name, last 4 digits of social security number, and address
- Employer information such as name, employer identification number (EIN), and address
- Employee's pay rate.
- the number of hours employee worked;
- Tax Deductions
- gross wages;
- Other deductions you have authorized your employer to make.
- Gross earnings before deductions.
- beginning and ending dates of the pay period.
4. Does Pennsylvania have a state income tax?
The State of Pennsylvania requires employers to withhold state income and applicable local income taxes from employee paychecks in addition to employee-withheld unemployment taxes.
5. Are there any other taxes applicable to Pennsylvania?
Yes. Employers with worksites located in Pennsylvania are required to withhold and remit the local Earned Income Tax (EIT) and Local Services Tax (LST) on behalf of their employees working in Pennsylvania.
Information needed to generate pay stubs
To provide employees with accurate pay stubs, the information below is required.
- Employee's eligibility for Pennsylvania SUI
- Employee's exemption status from state withholding
- Employee's filing status and additional state withholding amount
Have all the information handy?
With SecurePayStubs, you can calculate accurate federal and Pennsylvania state taxes for your employees and generate pay stubs securely.
Processing payroll manually is complex
As a business owner who runs payroll manually, you will need to keep up with ever-changing payroll laws. You already have a lot on your plate and you might not want to get into the complex process of pay stub generation.
With SecurePayStubs, you can generate pay stubs for your employees with accurate federal and Pennsylvania state taxes and independent contractors in less than 2 minutes. Enter the basic employee and employer information, select a pay stub template for free, and let SecurePayStubs calculate the applicable payroll taxes accurately.
Spend less time generating pay stubs and more on your business growth.